October 22, 2009

Stacking Em Up

Still finding my way around RegiStax 5 here, but here's the first result from the Lumix Videos.



and just as a comparison, here's one of the frames that I stacked to get it.



So I took the video into AfterEffects and stabilised it, then output it as uncompressed png stream and took that into RegiStax, from there I aligned it again (stabilised), stacked it and went bananas on wavelet settings.  As you can see the result is fairly oversharpened and the greenish halo on the right hand side is I think a result of chromatic aberration, I could shift the red channel over a bit.  This is teaching me that I need to shoot dark and flat frames next time, but again, I'm not unhappy with this result, stacking brings out a fair bit of detail, more than I expected.

No comments: